Friday, 09 May 2008

Leonardo Chacon - A young man with the heart of a lion

Leonardo Chacon (COSTA RICA)
Today I pay tribute to a young man with the heart of a lion! At a time where Leonardo Chacon (COSTA RICA) has almost watched his 2008 Olympic hopes and dreams fade away with bad luck (a crash in Mooloolaba, Australia and then a plastic packet getting stuck in his back derrailleur of his bike and totally putting him out of the race) he has jumped onto yet another long haul flight this time to South Africa and run his way into an excellent 16th spot at the Richards Bay BG Triathlon World Cup blowing new life into his possible Olympic journey. Bad luck nearly ruined it again for him though when his bike box went missing on the flight from the USA only to arrive in Richards Bay on the morning of the race! Despite all of this he stayed focussed on the job at hand and delivered one of his very best world cup performances of his career.

In my books Leo is a superstar in the making with an attitude that will stand him in good stead in his triathlon career for many years to come.

Leo - you were the highlight of theWorld Cup week-end for me! There will be many more great days for you in the future!


2 comments:

Juan Carlos said...

Even when I´m not costarrican but living here, we all here admire Leo, he is always cheering triathlon local competitions, and giving the best for himself and Costa Rica. We all hope the success that Leo have been creating with a lot of work and a lot or courage and a humble heart. We follow every Leo's step and we wish the best for him.
Juan

BreeWee said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE what you write about Leo! I had to use it on my blog... put I gave you credit for saying it, I could never say it better!

I spent so much of my time throughout high school & college in Costa Rica that the people became like my family... I am with you as one of Leo's biggest fans!

So sorry we will not be able to cheer for him this year... 2012??!!!

I really enjoy your blog... and your joy for sport and supporting others!