Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Kleinmond - the place I call 'home'

Kleinmond Lagoon
Athlete Tent Village for over night stop on Cape Odyssey

Start area for Cape Odyssey (5 days- 200 km)


Bridge over lagoon to finish area after final 11km run on beach - Day 1

I am back to regular blogging now !

After Beijing, blogging took a back seat while I caught up with life, family and friends.Returning to 'reality' was oh so sweet. Do not get me wrong, being in Beijing was amazing but the lead up to, and the process itself, was a drain on everyone involved.

Now, back on home soil, I am running madly preparing for my first marathon in years and enjoying the time in the hills around Kleinmond.
I have also have included some photos of the Kleinmond stop- over while all 'dressed up' for the Cape Odyssey -5 day Running Adventure (200km run over the mountains). What a beautiful venture and what an exciting race/challenge. I think I have been inspired to race the 2009 version of this great race.

The good news on this side of the world is - Summer is coming fast!!!! Time to enjoy even more of the outdoors again once the ITU year comes to a close.
Two more trips (Brazil and Spain) and then 2 weeks of holiday - in Kleinmond.

No comments: